Wednesday, April 13, 2011

East Austin



As I mentioned in the previous post, a week ago I met with Geoff at Progress Coffee and, understandably, got inspired to take a walk around the area afterwards. Specifically I was trying to head home and had to stop when I saw this rockin' Caddy parked along one of the streets. They just don't make 'em like this any more... probably cause they can't even touch 30mpg unless it's rolling down a mountain. 

In any case, I took the opportunity to play with more fulling manual settings and focusing. It is very freeing artistically to not rely on auto focus because you can pay more attention to the framing rather than repositioning and locking focus. Of course this is something that is much more fun when there is time to try several angles and focus points just in case my eyesight betrayed me the first time.

All I know is that I love being able to wander around and find things like this. Geoff is fantastic about that sort of thing with his clients and has some amazing shots as a result.

This all starts me thinking about East Austin and how it's brightly painted buildings and character are a real treat. In suburbia with landscaping being the predominant method of differentiation from your neighbors in terms of colors and style, it can often get a little boring to look at. This does help highlight the skies and people that might be bright spots but it's nice to have variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment